Are you tired of your pet dog jumping on your bed to catch some sleep every so often? It’s probably because their sleeping space is no longer comfortable or they don’t like it. If so, it’s time to search for the best dog beds for large dogs.
Choosing one might not be a straightforward affair. Several factors come to play when selecting a bed for your pup. While size is one of the most essential, you also must consider the breed of your dog, wash-ability, and design.
With so many types of beds to choose from, it can be a little confusing to make the best choice. We have analyzed the best dog beds for large dogs available at affordable prices.
The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic Dog Bed, Premium Memory Foam, Large Grey Plush 40×25, Pain Relief for Arthritis, Hip & Elbow Dysplasia, Post Surgery, Lameness, Supportive, Calming, Waterproof Washable Cover
Bedsure Orthopedic Memory Foam Large Dog Bed – Dog Sofa with Removable Washable Cover & Waterproof Liner, 7 inches Height Couch Dog Beds for Large Dogs up to 75 lbs
Hero Dog Large Dog Bed Orthopedic Pet Beds for Jumbo Large Medium Small Dogs, 46in Inch Washable Soft Dog Crate Pad Mat Anti Slip Sleeping Mattress with Removable Cover, Dark Brown XXL
Laifug Orthopedic Memory Foam Extra Large Dog Bed Pillow(50″x36″x10″, Slate Grey) Durable Water Proof Liner & Removable Washable Cover & Smart Design
1. The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic Memory Dog Bed
The Dog’s Bed is a dog bed designed for small, medium, and large dogs as well as other pets. It’s a couch with removable and washable covers and a non-skid bottom.
The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic Dog Bed is made from quality material and undergoes a construction process that spells expertise. The fabric is faux linen that won’t collect fur or easily absorb liquids. It won’t stain from your dog’s urine, drool, or vomit.
The sleeping surface is soft and provides enough room for the dog to sprawl out comfortably. The base is made from 2.5″ thick memory foam, and the arm stuffing is moderately firm and feels like a real sofa.
The bed comes with three-sided pillow-like bolsters that fit all sleeping positions. Your dog can comfortably lay their head on the bolster for a fulfilling rest.
The bolsters are also detachable for proper washing, with the outer covers making the whole removal process easier and manageable.
It features a separate water-resistant liner that protects the memory foam from any accidental stains. The bottom is non-slip as it’s made from rubber bits that remain firmly grounded on the floor.
The bed offers your pets a cozy space to rest and relax while in a room or car. Its design makes it suitable for use by small, medium, and large dogs so that they have their own sofa bed. It’ll keep your pet from taking over your bed, chair, furniture, or couch.
The memory foam makes the bed extremely comfortable, providing the perfect level of support and softness. It’s this support that helps soothe pain in the joints of a growing puppy or one with arthritis. The fluffy cloud sherpa interior has a built-in entry and wrap-around gusset.
It’s simply the perfect nesting spot for dogs of all ages.
- The bed is made from high-quality material and is durable
- Provides enough room for rest for your pet
- The bed is portable hence you can use it in the car
- Highly affordable
- Designed for small, medium, and large dogs
- The bed arrives in great packaging for manageable delivery
- The memory foam isn’t the pure foam
- The bed isn’t as large as advertised and may not be comfortable for large dogs
2. Bedsure Large Dog Bed
This versatile pet bed is the perfect fit for your dog’s relaxation just about anywhere. It can be placed in crates, cars, or any room within the home.
The pet bed comes with a reversible design that features a warm sherpa and cooler. It’s designed to ensure your dog is comfortable all-year-round. The fabric is highly durable and comfortable. You won’t find it hard to clean the removable cover or maintain it in good shape.
Whether your dog is a digger, scratcher, or light chewer, this is the perfect bed.
The bed is made from high-density foam that helps relieve joint pain while providing support. It’s hence an excellent choice for older and more fragile dogs.
- The high-density foam provides perfect support for your dog
- The material is soft, comfortable, and easy to clean
- Doesn’t get easily damaged by biting, digging, or chewing by the dog
- Provides enough room for large dogs and your child can also lie beside the pet
- It’s an orthopedic bed that provides support for sickly or older dogs
- The bed doesn’t provide value for money as the quality doesn’t match the price
- The cushion doesn’t have a spine in the middle, and the egg carton style is completely flat
3. Hero Dog Large Dog Bed
If you’re looking for a premium dog bed made from 100% machine washable fabric, the Hero Dog Large Dog Bed is a perfect choice.
The bed is made of premium fleece and 1-inch thick cotton. This combination makes it soft on your pet’s paws and nose. It also poses no danger to the health of your dog, especially if disabled. The material is easy to wash and dries quickly to ensure your dog always sleeps on a clean surface.
Ensure to remove any stuck hair with an adhesive roller, brush, or just tissue.
The package also comes with an anti-slip dog crate mat. This mattress remains well in position as your dog sleeps, keeping him safe from injury while on the mat.
The versatility of the bed allows you to use it indoors and outdoors. It’s suitable for all seasons, and you can roll it up as you travel and carry it with you. The size of the bed comfortably fits large dogs who like to curl up while resting.
- The bed can be placed on the couch so that the dog is not directly on your sofa
- The mattress is easy to wash and dries quickly when the weather is warm
- It’s among the softest dog beds you’ll get on the market
- More durable than most other dog beds as it withstands biting and scratching
- The thickness is just what your dog needs to have a comfortable resting time
- The actual size of the bed isn’t as advertised
- The bed isn’t ideal for chewing and much stronger dogs
4. Laifug Orthopedic Memory Foam Extra Large Dog Bed
Besides having a smart and attractive design, the Laifug dog bed also comes with a removable and washable cover. It also has a durable waterproof liner that prevents liquids from passing through to the mattress.
The Laifug dog bed has an orthopedic design that makes it ideal for dogs with joint pains. It can also be used by heavy-weight and large dogs as it retains its shape and support for at least three years.
Its 4″ pillow holds the neck and head of your pet in good support and provides spine security. The cover is made from 100% microfiber and is water and tear-resistant. It has the advantage of being removable, hence is easy to clean, dry, and maintain.
Its surface is soft to the touch, and the hair it attracts is easy to remove using a soft brush. You can tumble dry the fabric in your washing machine on a gentle setting.
The bed has an extra-large dimension to fit large dogs of up to 200 pounds. With the right care and maintenance, the bed will last for years, and your dog will love it every day.
- The size of the bed is large enough for big and heavy dogs
- The bed is worth the investment as it gives you service for a long time
- The cover material makes it easy to wash and maintain
- The memory foam doesn’t lose its shape after many years of use
- It provides support for dogs with arthritis and other joint problems
- The price in on the higher side of the scale
- The zipper isn’t durable, and the topper isn’t waterproof
5. MidWest Donovan Pet Beds
This ultra-plush pet bed works great as a standalone bed but may also be used inside a dog crate.
Midwest is perfect for creating a comfortable home for your dog when you put it inside a crate. It’s best for large dog breeds weighing 90 to 110 pounds.
The ultra-soft synthetic pet bed delivers additional comfort to your dog’s crate. With regular use, your dog will soon love sleeping in its bed.
The bed is stylish and complements your home décor. Its swirl pattern and neutral gray color are not only attractive but also easy on your eyes. Proper maintenance of the bed will guarantee you durability and comfort for your dog.
- The bed is easy to wash and maintain
- It provides enough cushion against hard surfaces and makes your dog comfortable
- It comes with a non-skid backing that keeps it firmly in place
- The size is perfect for large, elderly, and infirm dogs
- Provides value for money
- The fabric’s quality is poor and doesn’t hold up when washed
Your dog deserves to have a comfortable sleeping place. Sometimes, you want this to be away from your bed or couch. This is where dog beds come in handy.
Size is an essential factor when it comes to choosing the best dog beds for large dogs. From the above reviewed, the Laifug Orthopedic Memory Foam Extra Large Dog Bed is the best among them. Although highly-priced, it delivers all the qualities it promises to offer.
When you properly take care of your dog bed, it’ll give excellent service to your dog for a long time.